Sunday, February 8, 2009
Thank you so much Jane! I am thrilled...
Now I have to list seven things that I love, then pass the award on. Here they are.
1. I love my family, kids and grandkids and all the extended folks.
2. Love my animals. My dogs. Three chihuahuas, Nacho, Jack and James. One Miniature Pinsher, Tazzi, one Senegal parrot, Baby and one California Desert Tortoise, Ernie.
Soon to come will be lots of little baby chickens!
3. My friends, both artsy and otherwise. I love you all.
4. My worldwide friends that I know through various online groups.
5. Nature in all forms. Animals and plants especially.
6. A 75 degree summer day with blue skys and a slight breeze with my kennel dogs playing on the grass around me.
7. Good Health and a good heart.
Here are the blogs I plan on sending the award to:
Friday, February 6, 2009
This resin is called Gaucho and is a Galliceno pony. I airbrushed him this great buckskin color and added minimal pinto markings as the ancestry of the Spanish horse did include spotted horses as is shown in old masters paintings. This guy will be for sale on resinsbyrandy.com
I absolutely love painting frogs and toads because of their cute expressions and this one was no exception with his colorful body. I wasn't as happy with him as I could have been, I was using a new brand of paper for the first time and that is always a challenge.
This is a resin foal, painted for Jeannie McCall. This foal is for a set, including the foals sire and dam. She was painted to match their coloring.
This resin came to me in its original white casting and was painted in acrylic paint using an airbrush with hand painted details.
This was a project from one of my groups, we were to just start to paint with no destination in mind. I did one of my wet juicy backgrounds and then just looked at it when it was dry. I seemed to see koi in there so I lifted some and negative painted some and this is what came out of it.