Saturday, June 30, 2007

Rottie watercolor


I decided since I had to get this painting done and posted to Ebay right away that I would attempt to paint it outside while I had the kennel doggies out to play in the yard.
It was a nice sunny morning that later turned into pouring rain, typical of Pacific NW weather in June so I was glad I got out early.
I am really working on changing my painting style a bit and am concentrating on painting shapes more than detail.
I think this one shows that and for once I am happy with how it turned out.
Maybe it was painting outside on a gorgeous morning that did it. I will have to do that again!

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Wonderful painting, Gina! I am in love with his muzzle and the texture and color you got there :) You should paint outside more often when you can - I think it frees you up a lot.