Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ashley

Ashley is a sweet little poodle that has been coming for several years. She spent her last week of life here with me and I am so happy that I had this time with her. She did very well and enjoyed her stay very much. The owners were anticipating having to put her to sleep but she did so well here that I thought she would be OK for a while longer. Unfortunately a few days after she got home she went downhill again and had to leave us. This is her final portrait.

3 comments:

Barb Sailor said...

Sad and happy all at the same time - Ashley has led a good life and has been loved and will be missed. The painting is charming, Gina.

Vicki Greene said...

I am so glad to see that you are working on your cards again. The painting is lovely but the story made me cry.

BALLET NEWS said...

Just wanted to stop by to say how much I enjoyed reading this post & to say hello. You have a great blog and really interesting photo's too. Best wishes and thank you for sharing...